Saturday, October 5, 2013

I Spy: Complete Series Bundle



Thanks For The Memories
I used to watch I Spy when I was a kid and loved it. I sort of figured seeing it again after all of these years that it would be disapointing but I was pleasantly surprised by how well the show held up. Now, not every episode was a masterpiece but then again that's they way it is with all TV shows. When I was a kid I was sorry when NBC didn't renew the series for a 4th season ..... I'm still sorry.

Some of the Best TV from the 1960s, still awesome today.
I used to watch this show back in the 60s, when I was a kid and I loved it. It took me to places that I could only dream of and saw adventures that I could hardly imagine, much of it related to the height of the Cold War. Watching all of this action in all of these places throughout the world was fantastic. Unlike today, where everything is filmed in studios or with CGI, this was the real deal: chases through the streets of Hong Kong, fist fights in Marrakech, intrigue in Venice, danger in Mexico, romance in Seville. And all of this was actually filmed on location.

When I grew up, I realized that I had only seen a small fraction of the episodes, so I bought the complete collection. Because of work, family and commitments, it took me about five years to watch them all, but they were a wonderful experience. Sure, as with all TV shows, some episodes are better than others, but the entire body of work is truly great and will help you pass those days when you just want to...

Great TV Series
I bought this series originally for my mother, but when I sat down with her and watched some of the episodes I was hooked. These two characters are very good together and play off each other well.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment