Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Bellydance Taqasim - Improvisation Skills & Drills



another hit ....
At 155 minutes, this DVD is something a dancer can work with for a long time. In fact, I've owned this DVD for some time, and I hadn't reviewed it yet because I hadn't felt that I'd really worked in depth with every section. This DVD is about interpreting the taqasim. For professional dancers, the taqasim is often encountered in one's live music set. Some dancers are afraid of it, but due to this DVD - and other instructors I've had - I personally relish the opportunity to be lost in the tarab between musician and dancer. As much as I had worked with musicians before, this DVD brought my knowledge to a whole new level. Now, owners of Ranya's Beledi DVD know just how much detail Ranya can pack into a DVD. These DVDs are for the intellectuals of belly dance, who want to understand the music at a much deeper level.

Like Bellydance Egyptian Style - The Baladi - 2-DVD Set, Bellydance Taqasim gives you...

Is it worth it?
The first reviewer did an excellent job in the contents of this DVD, so I will not repeat them.I will start off by saying,I love Ranya Renee's DVDs. Every time I walk away from practice with one of them, I feel as if I learned a little bit more about rhythm structures, nuances, and egyptian style bellydance in general. I am so happy that she offers more than just technique in her material but that her DVDs focuses on musicality and expression. That is the reason why I love this DVD also.Because instead of just drilling movements (Which I think is needed as well but the market is over-saturated with technique DVDs) she lets you move to the music and express it. This DVD has also helped in my improvisation, much more that other BD videos have that is on the market.She fills a much needed niche in the dance community and for "me" personally I go through every lengths to get DVDs or instruction on musicality by reputable instructors. The only complaint I would say is the performance was...

outstanding
This is an amazing DVD. Ranya does not only teach technique of bellydnace, she gives the feeling. She shares the love to the music and understanding of the instruments.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment